Sponsored Field Trips
We believe that providing students with first-hand experiences will enhance their connection to our natural environment. NEW this upcoming school year (2019-2020), we are sponsoring select experiences that immerse 3rd-12th students in the topics of waste reduction, litter prevention, and natural resource conservation. Our field trips are also an excellent way to expose students to new subjects and career paths.
KCB will cover the cost of transportation (one bus) and program fees, no-reimbursement necessary! Spaces are limited and sponsorships will fill up fast!
Interested? Email Kara Luggen to receive an application and download the list of approved destinations and their descriptions.
Cincinnati Parks (LaBoiteaux Woods or Trailside Nature Center)
Civic Garden Center
Rumpke Recycling (MRF)
MSD’s Mill Creek Wastewater Plant
MSD’s Lick Run Project
Greater Cincinnati Waterworks Treatment Plant
F.O.R.E’s River Reach Program
Teachers should contact Kara and fill out an application. When filling out an
application, teachers should have a destination in mind and must agree to all terms & conditions. To qualify:
1. The school must be actively recycling
2. Agree to schedule a KCB recycling assembly
3. Agree to schedule an in-class presentation before the field trip (each field trip has a different classroom presentation paired to compliment learning)
If your application is accepted and the sponsorship is approved, teachers are responsible for:
1. Coordinating and scheduling the field trip directly with destination*
2. Ordering bus transportation through Queen City Transportation
3. Contacting destination, bus, and KCB with any cancellations
4. Sending pictures and a brief reflection of your awesome adventure!